Sunday, December 30, 2007

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

I know, I know...it's been awhile since I've been on here. I'm embarrassed to see it's been more than two months. I knew I hadn't blogged in some time, but I had no idea. You might think I have been on some grand adventure or in the hospital with amnesia...I'm afraid the truth could not be less romantic!! I've been lazy, I guess. I just didn't really think that I had anything interesting to write. I still don't, but I'm back, nonetheless. I guess maybe I've been playing hide and seek. Well, some friends found me. Catherine and Stacey have twisted my arm, gently, and now I'm here typing.

Things have been busy, the holidays always are. Since Christmas, though, I really haven't done a thing. It feels good to be back, good to be filling you all in on the monotony that is my life. I'm trying to think of what great things have consumed me since I last typed...

Teressa, my mom, and I went to New Mexico to see my grandma in November. We had a great time there with her. We hung out at her apartment and played Mississippi Marbles with Grandma and her friends. The ladies were so sweet, and they accepted us like we'd always been there. If you've never played Mississippi Marbles (amazingly not a marble game), you should check it out. It's addicting and doesn't require anything more than 6 dice, paper, and a pencil. Just watch out for those twos...they're trouble!

In late October, I had one of the greatest nights. The town that I graduated from has their fall festival at the end of October. One night I got together with some of my best friends from high school. My best friend, Angie, Wes, Jermaine, Matt, and I had so much fun!! We told old stories and laughed constantly...my stomach hurt by the time I left. I miss those carefree days!!

We celebrated the holidays, of course. At one point, I had so many Christmas products going, it was insane! Teressa, Colleen, and I made a calendar for our mom. I altered a can for my friend's present, made Christmas cards, made a calendar for my mother-in-law, altered seven cans for gifts for people at daycare and school. They all got done in time, and they were a success.

I love Christmas, but I have to admit, I'm glad it's over. There's always so much to do. It's been nice to have time to just be lazy. Not that I wasn't lazy before Christmas, I just was lazy and feeling guilty at the same time. :) I have to admit I'm not really ready to go back to school, but I might as well because I'm not being very productive at home.

Well, I'm sorry friends that I haven't had anything earth shattering, funny, exciting, or even news-worthy to share. It's pretty pathetic, actually, when I think of how little I've done since October 17th. :) Don't worry, though, I won't wait another two-and-a-half months before my next post.

5 Things for Which I'm Thankful Right Now (in no particular order)...

1. Guilt-free laziness
2. Old friends
3. Laughter
4. Post-holiday Peace
5. Gentle arm twistings :)

Nichols...OUT!

No comments: