Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Neglect...

I admit it. I have been neglectful...call protective services. I haven't neglected my family. I've been good to them, but I've neglected every other aspect of my life! I have neglected my dogs...they are in need of a major haircut! I've neglected my house. It's clean, don't get me wrong. However, I haven't been picking it up and keeping up with the daily upkeep it needs. I've neglected my oven. I can't tell you the last time I cooked a meal. If we eat here, it is something quick and easy...cereal; cheese, crackers, and fruit; etc. I have neglected school. I work my butt off while I'm there, but I have not taken a bit of work home. Well, that's not even entirely true. I have brought it home. I even brought it inside once rather than leaving it in my car overnight. Last night I even went sofar as to bring it downstairs. I thought I'd be more likely to do it then. I still didn't do it. I have really been neglecting the laundry. If I do some, it's just a load of what we need right then...and putting it away?! It all piles up so quickly. Why do I do that?! It's so much easier to put it away right away!

More than any of those things, though, I have neglected myself. Oh, I did fix myself coffee last weekend, I took the time to read the Sunday paper, and I managed to squeeze in some time to do a LO (thanks T for keeping Madeline). But, I haven't taken care of anything else for me. I wanted to get a pedicure last weekend...I've never had one and my crusty feet deserve it! Do they have salons with belt sanders? :) My eyebrows get bushier by the day. My hair is in desperate need of some intervention. I haven't been to church in months. The list goes on and on. I burn my candles at both ends so often that I don't stop to do things for myself. Why is that? I know busy moms tend to overextend themselves. We have to stop that! It gets too easy to be too busy to take care of yourself. That's not okay. Part of being a good mom, wife, friend, family member, career woman is stopping to do little things for yourself to fill your bucket. Well, I have to tell you the reserves in my bucket are depleting. I need a fill up, and I need one fast. :)

5 things for which I am thankful right now (in no particular order)...

1. My family and friends
2. Candle snuffers (they put out flames on both ends, right?)
3. Music
4. Time (Thank goodness I don't have any less than I do!!)
5. Bucket Fill Stations

Nichols...OUT

2 comments:

Lynn - Linda - LindaN said...

I wish I had a good answer for you.
I guess it is just that you have to be greatful that arent teaching this year and have all the papers to grade.
You have so many things to be grateful for - time just doesnt seem to be one at this time.
The things that need to be picked up will still be there tomorrow, laundry can always wait, your daugther and hubby and yourself are much more important. Take 10 minutes every hour you are home at night for yourself. If you can get one toe nail clipped and painted woo-hoo. There is another 10 mintues next hour...........
MOM

Shawnna Samples said...

U R 2 funny girl

wish i was there to convince you to play hooky with me for a day and we could get a mani/pedi together!!!!!

lub ya - even with your crusty feet ;)
Shawnna