Wednesday, September 3, 2008

She'll be here soon...

So, I just had my last OB appointment before my sweet girl, Riley, joins our family. My doctor actually listened to me today. He wanted to have me come in Tuesday night to start my induction, but he let me schedule it for Sunday night instead. YAY!!

I called my hubby as I left the appointment, and I could tell it freaked him out a bit. If I'm being honest, it freaks me out a little too. We've known that Riley would be here soon, but now the soon is literally just around the corner!!

I am concerned for the whole labor thing. I know my girl is going to be large, and large and labor are two words that don't bring a smile to my face. My doctor doesn't seem to think a c-section will be necessary, but who knows what will happen. I think the unknown part of it is what scares me the most!

So, I have four more days before we check into the hospital. I know I'll be thinking about Madeline while I'm there. It will be hard not to see her and know what's going on. I can't wait until the moment she gets to come to the hospital and meet her baby sister for the first time. That will be SO special, and I can only hope it's an experience she'll be able to remember.

I feel like there should be millions of things I need to do before Sunday, but I don't know what they are. Maybe I should sit down and start working on my to-do list. I'm such a list maker!!

I don't know what should go on my list, I don't know what the next several days will have in store for me, I don't know what to expect. There is really only one thing I do know; she'll be here soon...

1 comment:

Angela said...

WooHoo!
Can't wait to see the pictures. Just relax and don't stress out about it. You don't have to get everything done before the baby.